Preparation and cooking time approx 45min.
A wonderfully tasty diner time treat. Pack full of healthy ingredients, this is always a diner winner in my house:
Every mouthful was amazing! –Jane Williams
Our Pontack Sauce is a traditional Victorian recipe revived to celebrate the glory of Elderberries. It creates a wonderfully simple and subtly fruity, spiced vinegar (or gentleman's sauce) that, in small quantities, adds a lovely depth of flavour to gravy, soups, marinades, dips, salad dressings and other sauces. Use it like a vegan friendly Worcestershire Sauce or a lightly spiced and fruity balsamic.
This raw pesto with a great garlicky kick was a winner of a golden Taste of the West award 2021!
Wild Garlic foraged in Frome combines with cold pressed extra virgin rapeseed oil grown and produced in Somerset, both hazelnuts and walnuts and just a dash of apple cider vinegar, to give a uniquely British twist to a classic condiment.
Pontack Roasted Salmon with Wild Garlic Pesto & Sour Cream Dip
Part 1: Ingredients
For the Salmon:
4 salmon fillets
2 tbsp oil or ghee
2 tbsp Hejgro’s Pontack Sauce
Salt & pepper for seasoning
For the Dip:
200g sour cream
4 tbsp Hejgro’s Wild Garlic Pesto
Part 2: Directions
1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Wash the salmon fillets, if you have skin on, you may need to scrape the scales off with a knife. I like fish with skin on as most of the healthy fish oil resides just under the skin
3. Heat a baking tray with the oil in the oven, salt the skinless side of the fish and once the oil is baking hot, place the fish in the oil, skin down, move around as to prevent sticking and bake for about 20 min.
4. Meanwhile prepare the sour cream dip by mixing both ingredients thoroughly.
5. Sprinkle with Pontack sauce and bake further 5min.
6. Turn over the fish and bake further 5 min.
7. Season and serve with veggies of your choice , I really enjoyed roast sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli.
With a simple ingredients you can create a quick, delicious and nutrition dinner for the whole family. All you have to worry about is who's doing the dishes.